WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- Clear Tape or any waterproof duct tape
- Writing paper
- A toilet paper roll
- A pencil
- Color pencils, paint, or crayons (any are fine!)
- *OPTIONAL* Stickers or any beads or jewels
Hey guys, Rena is back with a DIY project: DIY Owl Cup! This little owl cup is out of this world-perfect for storage and drinks!
Owl-some! This owl cup is made out of normal household objects!
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
1. Cut the toilet paper roll in half. It should be briefly the size of your pointer finger. KEEP THE OTHER HALF!
2. Slice off a thin strip of the other half of the toilet paper roll. This will become your handle. You have the option to wrap the handle in clear tape now, or wrap up the handle later.
3. Trace the bottom of the toilet paper roll you cut in the first step on the white paper. Cut the circle out carefully and set it aside.
4. Carefully press down the half-roll you cut in Step 1. Use the ruler to trace a straight line across the paper. This will be the cup cover.
5. Slowly wrap the strip of paper you cut in Step 4 around the half-roll. Tape the ends and make sure it doesn't pop off. If needed, tape any other necessary places where the paper refuses to stick to the roll.
6. Take the circle you cut in Step 3 and cover the part that will face inside with clear tape. Afterwards, tape the circle to the bottom of your half-roll and make sure to seal all leak areas.
. 7. Draw an owl on the rest of your paper and color it carefully. Fill in all blanks. If you can't draw an owl, use this template. Cut the owl out carefully and tape it to the cup, making sure there are no sides of the owl not taped.
8. Turn the cup around to a clean side and make two slit marks where you plan to put the handle. Ask an adult to cut through the roll with a knife of you can make a slit with the scissors. Take both sides of the strip of roll you cut in Step 2 and slide them into the slits. Finally, tape the edges inside the cup. Make sure the handle does not pop out.
9. Cover the outside of the cup and the inside of the cup with the clear tape or duct tape. If you plan to use this cup to store edibles, clean the cup thoroughly after every use and change the taping often if it gets dirty. Cover all leaks and places that are not yet covered with tape.
ENJOY YOUR NEW OWL CUP!!!
Who's watching with Rena?
Hey guys! Rena is doing LIVE CHAT! To visit, go
to the Live Chat page in the More... section.
Hi, I'm Rena and this blog is gonna be mostly for my class use, homework hints, and reminders for reports. I will also post some interesting stuff.
Art contest May-June! Ends JUNE 30!