Building Your Blog
- First, find a good place to start. Is it going to be about travels, vacation? Homework help? Gaming? Start where you think is suitable for a beginner. Look on the Internet for ideas, but do not copy anything! That is a no-no and will make you very unpopular.
- If you already have a blog, think of a format. Neat, clean blogs are easy to read and don't include lots of extra pictures or blog-bling. A couple falling stars are okay, but that is the key to having a blog-if people can't even READ your blog, fix your blog.
- Go wild! You don't need it to be just a blog, you can do websites, stores, and tips! Never use any copyright items or keep it too simple. Fill your posts with FLAIR, this is the way to get your blog around quickly.
- Be patient. A blog will not get as many hits at first. You may have to wait days, weeks, or even YEARS to get your blog on the Internet. Tip: Your blogs TITLE is unique. If you call it "The Ice Cream Sunday News" it wont get around as quickly. Many people have similar names to yours, and your blog could be pushed back to the last page! Use your name, and funky, edgy catchlines to perfect your title!
- Excessive "Text Talk" Try NOT to use catchphrases like "lol, brb, gtg, tyt, OuO, and OwO" These phrases are not easy to understand and just annoy some people. Using these phrases give people the impression to see that you are impatient and in a hurry to finish your post. People will not like the effort you put into your blog. (Note: Sometimes these phrases are used in THIS blog, and they CAN be used, but not excessively.
- Getting known. You can't be famous at first. Ask a couple friends and cousins/sis/bro to visit your blog! Stay up with posts: No one wants to read a blog post made TWO YEARS AGO! If you can post frequently, I have NO DOUBT that your blog will get popular soon. You can't just make a post one week, then leave it be for a year before posting again. People will gradually leave your blog until you can build up your original fans.